Deactivate your subscription
Getting Started - IPA Books+
Day to Day
Invoices - IPA Books+
Customer Adjustment Notes
Supplier Adjustment Notes
Chart of Accounts
Customer Statements - IPA Books+
JobKeeper reporting periods
Processing JobKeeper Payments in IPA Books+
Adding JobKeeper Allowance pay items in IPA Books+
The JobKeeper Extension Webinar by Clayton Oates (QA Business)
JobKeeper Payments FAQ
Processing a Pay Run
Processing SuperStream Payments
Single Touch Payroll - IPA Books+
Processing EOFY - IPA Books+
Lodge Tax File Number (TFN) Declaration
Using IPA Books+ Timesheets with Payroll
FAQ - IPA Books+ STP
Bank Accounts - IPA Books+
IPA Books+ Transactions
Reconciliation - IPA Books+
Reconciling your accounts
Undoing a bank reconciliation
IPA Books+ Search
Import Chart of Accounts
IPA Books+ FAQ
Reconciling External Merchant Fees
Entering YTD Payroll balances in IPA Books+, when migrating from another software.
Payable Type field in IPA Books+
Unable to login to IPA Books+ Portal when Ad-blocker is installed.
Preparing IPA Books+ for Single Touch Payroll, (STP)
How to enter a Director’s Loan into a IPA Books+ Book
Duplicate Pay Runs Automatically Created in IPA Books+
How to Submit a Nil STP Submission to the ATO using IPA Books+
Access Denied or You do not have enough access rights ... attempting to view a Book on Mobile App
Submitting an STP Update Event or Full File Replacement in IPA Books+
How to switch the ownership of a bank feed
Why do I get an Error 522 when I attempt to add my bank account to my BankData record through Yodlee
‘Pay run error: the number credit is outside the valid range’ when finishing the termination payrun.
Payment summary is out by Pays, which was done via YTD setup.
Can’t add a tax code to a transaction in the Payments and Receipts window of CashBook.
Setting up and processing Payroll in IPA Books+.
How do I enable Leave Loading/Holiday Loading to be included in Super calculations in IPA Books+?
“Invalid Company Information error” in GovConnect STP when submitting pays from IPA Books+
Unable to pay super guarantee for amounts below $450.00
“Error reading selected bank transactions” when clicking on Reconcile on the Banking Screen
Text on IPA Books+ new design is not properly aligned
Error – the value ‘/Date(14749879800000)/’ is not valid for StartDate
Recording RCTI in IPA Books+ or (buyer created tax invoice)
Processing Time In Lieu in IPA Books+
Connecting your Book to your BankData feeds
How to close a BankData Account in IPA Books+
Importing PayPal transactions and matching with my records from PayPal payment services.
Credit for GST tax paid on BAS does not match GST on Purchases on GST Summery Report
Employees are unable to enter timesheets and/or Expense claims on Mobile app.
Downloaded Bankdata transactions disappear from a IPA Books+ Book
Writing Off Bad-Debts in IPA Books+:
How to link Bankdata feeds and allocate transactions in IPA Books+
Creating a new role for a user in IPA Books+.
Postings don’t balance when entering a Journal.
Error - Tax code cant be entered for non-taxable items
Deleting a IPA Books+ BankData subscription
How to Setup and Calculate Super in IPA Books+
HTTP ERROR 504 when loading an Account Enquiry Report, and unable to load book. Blank screen
Super is not calculating
Setting up a BankData account on IPA Books+
Error: Line item does not have a number, when entering TimeSheet entries on an Invoice
The Cash/Bank status for this entry differs from what is was previously set to. This is not allowed
Downloaded bank transaction does not allocate to bank ledger accounts
Entering Gross Amounts (Tax inclusive) or Net Amounts (Tax exclusive) in your transactions.
How to add or change or purchase the new modules? Activate /Deactivate Modules
Credit Card transactions no longer available in IPA Books+ after creating a new Yodlee feed
Manually Importing PayPal fee transactions.
How to lock or unlock the book.
How to enable Estimates or Quotes feature in my Book?
Recording SuperStream payments in IPA Books+
STP Payrun Has No Figures Appearing
How to update YTD balances on the Payment summary in IPA Books+
Invoice shows Due Date one day before Invoice Date
Editing and creating a new ABA file with an updated amount
The opening balance changes in a reconciliation when a transaction from previous month, is reconcile
Removing an account from your IPA Books+ BankData Record
Transaction rule does not pick up the transaction
Configuring and Understanding PayPal integration in IPA Books+
Creating customer statements
Entering the FBT amount on the Payment Summary in IPA Books+
Understanding RESC in IPA Books+
BankData signup & configuration for IPA Books+
Do not have a decimal point on the IPA Books+ App
CashBook Online screen wobbles
Processing Employment termination payments (ETP) in IPA Books+:
Refund customer overpayment
Delete the bank transactions (QIF/CSV file) in bulk that was incorrectly imported.
SSO (Google/Microsoft) accounts are unable to login from Mobile App.
Processing SuperStream in IPA Books+
An error occurred submitting single touch payroll details to the API
Credit Card Account has no provision for a Credit Limit
Creating an ABA file for batch payments processing in bank, from IPA Books+.
Manually Importing PayPal transactions
How to update the billing information in IPA Books+? How to change the credit card details
How to enable/process Taxable Payments Annual Reports (TPAR) in IPA Books+.
No ability to unlink a bank ledger account from a bank feed
How to purchase the expired trial book?
How to edit/delete the paid invoices in IPA Books+?
How do I enter ACN in IPA Books+?
Enter opening balances in IPA Books+
Processing GST payable and GST refunds to and from the ATO in IPA Books+
Latest Bankdata transactions not available in IPA Books+ Book.
Cannot process a downloaded Bank Transaction - <> characters in the Description field.
Create new user in IPA Books+, Delete the user, share the book with accountants
Invoices print with part of top and left side cut off
Forcing an immediate update of your Yodlee bankfeed
Grey Screen When Trying to Print in IPA Books+
Receiving a cash refund for an overpayment of a bill.
How to unlock the bank account that has been locked after reconciliation.
Cannot change Terms and Credit limits on the IPA Books+ App
IPA Books+ Invoice does not save.
Last financial year to date report does not show transactions to today
How to process the Termination in IPA Books+?
How to stop reducing SG from Salary Sacrifice (new law effective from 1 Jan 2020) in IPA Books+
STP Screen has Doubled Up Employees & Gross Amounts in IPA Books+
Looping issue when creating new Book.
FAQ - Yodlee
Changing my Bank Login
Missing Latest Transactions
Connecting to Yodlee FastLink
Direct Bank Feeds
Currently Support BankFeeds
Troubleshooting - Bankdata
Bank Feed Management screen is missing some bank feed connections.
Missing transactions in BankData downloads
Removing Duplicate transactions from a BankData import in IPA Books+
Signing up for a Bankdata license on Reckon Accounts
Latest Bankdata transactions not available in IPA Books+ Book.
Bank Feeds available on Reckon Bank Data
Forcing an immediate update of your Yodlee bankfeed
Bankfeed missing transaction
Accessing Yodlee feeds with MFA for the first time
Creating a direct feed to a Westpac bank account
Yodlee feeds do not automatically update
Do not have an Operator ID to complete signup for an ANZ Credit Card account through Yodlee
You dont have permission to request bank feeds .....for an ANZ Business One CC
Handling Online Banking and BankData in the one company file
How to Export transactions from your bank account
How to sign up an Australian ANZ Business Banking account to BankData
Unexpected Error Adding Yodlee Feed for BankData
Transactions for Yodlee accounts suddenly stop
You don’t have permission to request bank feeds for this account error when attempting to download B
Don’t have permission to download Bankdata on my Credit Card Number.
My company’s legal name is long and doesn’t fit in the Legal name field. What can I do?
Error ‘Something went wrong’, when trying to open GovConnect
Registering your software ID to ATO via ATO Access Manager.
Why is my ATO status still saying ‘Pending’ and not ‘Success’, even days after submission?
Revoking the Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) for use on another device.
PayrollDetail requires property “TotalGross” and “TotalPAYG” error when uploading STP files.
Two Payment Summaries in MyGov account (one 'Tax ready' and one 'Not Tax Ready')
What is recovery PIN and how to access it in Reckon GovConnect STP portal
STP upload Error, ‘instance.EmployeeData(*).Detail.Email is not any of (subschema 0),subschema 1),’
Common ATO STP Errors in Reckon GovConnect
How to revoke Multi-Factor Authentication using Recovery PIN in Reckon GovConnect STP portal
Error message 'Please contact the Tax Office', when submitting STP to ATO
Adding MFA via Chrome extension alternative to smartphone
Final Event column showing as ‘No’ for my terminated employee(s) in the Reckon GovConnect Portal
FAQS for GovConnect STP
Legacy KB ID: 5487
I have just created my Book. How do I enter the opening balances for my ledger accounts?
Use a General Journal.
Opening Balances for ledger accounts can be entered through a General Journal with the counter account being the Equity Account – Opening balance equity.
You can enter all the ledger account balances on one General Journal. You must ensure that all debit values equal credit values.
In preparation for the transfer we suggest:
· specify a date you stop using the old programme and take all measures to ensure your accounts are correct, up-to-date and free of errors. Take into consideration your reporting needs when choosing a date to transfer.
· complete all processing to third parties – such as banking payment files, BAS reports and payments, payment of Payroll Liabilites, etc.
· separate open transactions (unpaid invoices and bills), and adjust your balances accordingly. These open transactions should be entered individually into IPA Books+. Please make allowances for the dates of these transactions when selecting the start date of your Book. If you cannot use the correct date of the transaction, use the first day of the book and note the actual transactions date in the Notes/Description/Narration field.
In your old programme
1. Print a Trial Balance;
2. Print a list of Open Invoices;
3. Print a list of Open Bills;
4. Print a report that lists the chart of accounts;
5. Print a report that lists all your customers, suppliers & employees;
6. Print a report that lists all your items.
In IPA Books+
1. Create a new IPA Books+ book. Take into consideration the dates of your open invoices and bills;
2. Setup your bank and credit card accounts in IPA Books+ & configure the opening balance according to your Trial Balance Report.
A system journal entry will be generated with the counter ledger account being “Opening balance equity”.
i. A positive bank balance will result in a credit entry to opening balance equity;
ii. An outstanding credit card balance will result in a debit entry to opening balance equity;
3. Setup your chart of accounts;
4. Setup your customers, suppliers & employees;
5. Setup your items (Note: IPA Books+ doesn't yet have inventory functionality);
6. Setup your payroll items;
7. Re-enter any open invoices
8. Re-enter any open bills.
9. Use the journal transaction form to configure the opening balances of your balance sheets accounts (e.g. assets, liability& equity) according to your Trial Balance report adjusted for any open invoices and bills. See below for further detailed instructions.
Note: IPA Books+ has the following system default accounts that you need to be aware of:
· Accounts Receivable (IPA Books+ uses this account to track amounts customers owe to your business)
· Accounts Payable (IPA Books+ uses this account to track amounts your business owes to suppliers)
· GST Collected (IPA Books+ uses this account to track tax amounts on income transactions)
· GST Paid (IPA Books+ uses this account to track tax amounts on expense transactions)
· Opening balance equity
· Retained earnings
o This account is meant for Cash Register Funds or Cash on Hand.
o It appears with bank accounts but does not have full bank account functionality.
o Do not use this account for your bank account.
When your account information has been transferred:
1. Print the Trial Balance and compare to your Trial Balance from your old programme and confirm they are the same. See below for more details.
2. To report on data before the closing date you would use your previous accounting application reports. To report on data after the closing date you would use the IPA Books+ application reports.
So if your closing date is within a financial year then you would need to maintain& work with both application reports until you roll over to the next financial year.
Entering a General Journal
1. Open the form from Day to Day > Business > Journals > Add
2. Journal date should be the date, or day before, your first transaction;
3. In Amounts, select whether the amounts will be Gross or Net of tax;
4. In Summary, enter Opening balances on dd/mm/yyyy;
5. Select the ledger account in the Account column;
6. Enter each ledger account balance on a separate line;
7. Click on Add new row to open a new line;
8. Although you can enter all balances on one Journal form you may want to enter them in batches to allow you to do them over a period of time, to ease troubleshooting if errors occur, and minimise the potential loss of data from possible system and internet issues;
9. Where a balancing item is required, use the Opening balance equity account;
10. To Save a Journal entry, the Total Debit Amount must equal the Total Credit Amount.
To Print a Trial Balance
1. Reporting > Reports Centre > Categories> Financial
2. Click on the Generate button on Trial Balance
Need more help?
Ask the Reckon Community at: https://www.reckon.com/au/support/one/